The Vega helmet is designed and manufactured to satisfy your requirements.
To ensure your safety and that of your passenger, you should respect all safety rules.
Vega provides a warranty on every helmet it sells.
The warranty claim MUST be accompanied by the tax invoice issued by an authorized reseller/dealer.
To make a claim, you may click here https://vega.genuinemark.org/web/customer/ or approach the reseller or dealer or mail the company directly at email@example.com for any assistance.
Liability is limited to the repair or replacement of the product. The company retains the right to reject any claim at its sole discretion.
Warranty Guidelines for various products is as follows:
Once the digital warranty is registered, the customers can start the claim process any time within the warranty period by clicking on the link https://vega.genuinemark.org/web/customer/ or approaching the store where they bought the helmet with a valid purchase invoice. For the warranty-related complaint to be considered, the buyer must notify the Store about the problem, presenting the proof of purchase invoice. Vega Helmets shall evaluate it.
If the warranty is activated, Vega Helmets shall do everything in its power to rapidly assist the client; however, it must be noted that the length of the assistance period shall depend on the technical evaluation of the product, with a maximum duration of 15 days (counting from the date of receival of the product).
Vega Helmets shall return any product immediately if the client fails to respect the methods and time limits foreseen in the attendant legislation relative to the communication of the warranty activation; or if the product is not properly packaged and accompanied by a copy of the proof of purchase document. Vega Helmets is not responsible for any damage suffered by the product during its transport due to insufficient packaging.
Vega Helmets shall repair or replace the helmet or helmet parts and return the items to the customer where the request was made. Conversely, if the complaint is not justified, receival and delivery costs shall be billed to the customer.
Warranty is limited to manufacturing defects for 1 Year only from the purchase invoice date. Vega Helmets cannot be held responsible concerning the product, nor is the company liable for any warranty, in the following cases:
1) Any damage caused by the impact due to a fall or accident.
2) Aesthetical (scratches, cracks, etc) or functional damage owing to impact from road detritus or impact with the ground or solid objects during the use or transport of the helmet or inadequate use of components and accessories (visors, peaks, etc).
3) Damage or wear of interior linings resulting from normal use and/or abuse.
4) Alterations and/or installation of accessories that do not belong to Vega (Glue, adhesive products, paints, fasteners, etc.)
5) Inadequate adjustment: it is the user’s responsibility to ensure a proper adjustment at the time of purchase.
6) Use of or contact with harmful chemicals or exposure to sources of intense heat.
7) Inadequate use: abnormal conditions (for example, immersion in water), lack of maintenance or care, inadequate handling or packaging, improper handling of components or accessories such as visors, peaks, etc.
8) Aging due to the normal wear of internal fibres or foam, and the visual aspect of exterior parts or visors (scratches, marks, etc.)
9) Loss of color intensity or wearing out of the colors (especially Neon and Mate) due to prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light, decorative lights, inclement weather, or various other sources and types of dirt.
10) Any visors and spoilers do not come under warranty.
The occurrence of any of the aspects referred to above absolves the Vega Helmets brand of any responsibility. Apart from these cases, Vega Helmets cannot consider the following subjective situations as being defects covered by the warranty: aesthetic nuances, problems related to comfort, size, noises or small-scale resonance, aerodynamics, etc.
Warranties will be invalidated if the product is used or washed in a manner that is not appropriate for the product or in line with the instructions/warnings given in this respect by the seller, or as specified in the reference presentation material, on the tags or the labels.
DO NOT MODIFY YOUR HELMET
Modifying your helmet may increase your risk of serious injury or death in an accident. Do not modify your helmet.
Modifications include the following:
• Drilling holes.
• Cutting shell, liner, or strap.
• Modifying the retention system, including adding a chin cup.
• Removing parts.
• Installation of accessories that are not manufactured by Vega for this helmet.
Care & Maintenance:
Never leave your helmet in your car or anywhere near direct or indirect heat. If your helmet deteriorates because of exposure to heat, it is not covered by any Vega warranty.
No helmet can protect the wearer against all possible impacts.
• The helmet is designed to be retained by a strap under the lower jaw.
• To be effective, a helmet must be worn correctly. To check for the correct fit, place the helmet on your head and make any adjustments indicated. Securely fasten retention system. Grasp the helmet and try to rotate it to the front and rear. A correctly fitted helmet should be comfortable and should not move forward to obscure vision or rearward to expose the forehead.
• No attachments should be made to the helmet except those recommended by the helmet manufacturer.
• The helmet is designed to absorb shock by partial destruction of the shell and liner. This damage may not be visible. Therefore, if subjected to a severe blow, the helmet should be destroyed and replaced even if it appears undamaged.
The helmet may be damaged and rendered ineffective by petroleum and petroleum products, cleaning agents, paints, adhesives and likewise, without the damage being visible to the user.
• A helmet has a limited lifespan in use and should be replaced when it shows obvious signs of wear.
• Face shield cleaning should be done only with warm water and a microfiber cloth. Laying a microfiber cloth, soaked in warm water, across the shield will soften the bug debris and make cleaning easier. Take great care not to expose your shield to any chemicals.
To prolong the usable life of your helmet, you must clean it regularly. This does not mean a full strip-down wash every time, that level of clean can be reserved for once or maybe twice a season. More frequent, routine cleanings can be as simple as a quick wipe down with a wet towel, or a limited wash of the easily removable parts.
After every ride, we encourage you to wipe the residual sweat from the surface of the interior lining. If you use sunblock, makeup, or hair products, you may want to pull out the cheek pads and headliner and give them a quick rinse in the sink. Build-up of these products can become difficult to remove after a while.
Do not use polishes on helmets with matte finish paintwork; simply use a mild detergent and water for cleaning.
Heavily soiled areas can be gently cleaned using a soft toothbrush or a cotton swab. The shield and any other parts can be removed for cleaning.
All removable parts of the interior comfort liner should be removed and washed by hand. Fixed padding should be wiped with a damp cloth, again using only a neutral cleaning agent. Antibacterial detergents have proven useful in removing smells. The EPS liner can also be wiped down with a mild cleaner. Make sure that everything is dry before putting the padding back into the helmet shell.
As EPS is neither solvent nor heat-proof, the impact absorption liner must be treated with particular care during the cleaning. As in all other cases, the EPS liner should be cleaned using only a damp cloth to avoid scratches or indentations.
Although we recommend changing a helmet every 3 to 5 years, the accumulation of sweat, humidity, and dirt can deteriorate the fabric and stitching, and this may cause odor.
Dirt and debris can find their way into the venting of your Vega Helmet. Compressed air cans are used to blow the debris from the ventilation system. It is recommended that you remove any removable pads before doing this process